Wednesday, August 22, 2012

THE IMPORTANCE OF A DOOR

The following story is one of the cutest and funniest I have experienced with my boy Branson.  He is so smart, funny, and witty.  Here goes:

Branson has been a terrible two-er lately.  Love him to death, but he has.  When he is in time out in his room, he has taken to slamming his door.  Normally this is an action I wouldn't react to, and normally he would probably only do it once since it didn't get him any attention.  However with his sister sleeping just feet away, I can't let him do it.  So, I told him quite a few times he better stop or daddy will take his door down.  He didn't stop.  Ryan grabbed his tool box, went to work on the door and calmly carried it out to the garage.  Of course this prompted meltdown city from Branson, you would have thought we took away his Mr. Elephant or his nightly Dora or something important.  Anyhow.  We told him that he if he behaved the rest of the day he could have his door back tomorrow.  Periodically he would check in to make sure that was still the plan.  So "tomorrow" rolls around, and Ryan is doing some handy man stuff around the house with his tool box.  Branson goes and gets his (toy) tool box and heads into my room.  I hear him banging on something so I go in there and ask him what he is doing.  His reply: "I'm taking your door.  I'm going to put it in the garage.  You can have it back tomorrow."

I don't know why, but this tickled me to death.  Smart, smart boy.  We both got our doors back that afternoon. 

No comments:

Post a Comment