Sunday, April 11, 2010

Aces








*Branson at his first Ace's game

*Branson sleeping with Momo






Is it bad that I'm sitting here humming the tune to Branson's baby Einstein play mat music thingy? Cause I am. And I find myself listening to Disney radio on Pandora, and watching Baby Neptune on the TV. Oh boy, I might be loosing it.

Anyhow. I have kind of "found" myself the last few days. Thursday we took Branson to the opening night at Aces ballpark. Seemed like a good idea. Right? Wrong. It was way too much for my baby. He had a meltdown about every 10 minutes as soon as we arrived. That meant that mom and or dad had to walk the baby until he relaxed, and the people around us were annoyed, and I was starving, and Ryan wanted to watch the game, and I didn't watch the game ( I couldn't even tell you who was playing). Needless to say we won't be doing that again for a very long time. At least if it's up to me. But, we learned our lesson at least. Friday my mom watched Branson while Ryan and I went to dinner, then I took baby home and Ryan went to the ballpark again. I'm sure it was much more enjoyable for everyone that night.

On to finding myself...Ryan and I spent the whole day together Saturday. We had a wonderful lunch at Hiroba Sushi. And, I even got to eat my whole meal uninterrupted because baby slept. Later that night, we went to the Aces game. And Branson stayed with Grandma and Grandpa. It was like, a DATE. I was even a little nervous. For many reasons. Number one, last time I went to the Aces game ( aside from Thursday, I'm not counting that), I was pregnant and uncomfortable. It was too hot. Or too cold. And I could NOT focus on the games. The only good thing was eating soft serve. Second, Ryan and I REALLY needed some time together. Some un-tense time. Would we get along? Would we have something to talk about? We did. And we did. It was so nice and so much more needed. A reconnection was made.

My mom always tells me to "remember the moments" with your baby. The moments where everything else is gone and it's just you and your little one. I got to have one of those moments this weekend. Saturday night we left the game at 9, which was early because it was cold (and maybe a little bit because we missed the baby). When we got to Mike and Barbara's, Barbara opened the door with Branson in her arms and it happened. My son reached for his mommy for the first time ever. Time stood still. It assured me that yes, he had missed me too and yes, he was happy to see me. My heart melting into pure goo. With tears in my eyes I held him tight. I never wanted to let him go. I didn't even want to put him in his car seat for the oh-so-long 3 minute drive home. I will never forget that moment. I'll remember every detail within our little bubble for the rest of my life.

No comments:

Post a Comment