Sunday, April 4, 2010

Hoping and Praying...


Easter has tuckered our family out. I'm sitting here wondering where the last 5 months have gone. What happened to my little baby that barely stayed awake long enough to eat? He used to just lay there. Maybe look around a little. Wait quietly for someone to pick him up. Now...he's big. He has a personality. He laughs at funny things (like daddy). He grabs what ever it is that he wants. He then cries if you take it away. He knows his mommy and daddy, and often times doesn't want anyone else besides one of the two to hold him. He talks - ok babbles - he is awake most of the day, then fights sleep at night. He has found his feet and thinks that they will make very tastey treats, if only he could get the darn things to his mouth. And, he loves. Yes, he loves, and most importantly he loves me. I can see it and feel it every day. While there is nothing better than that feeling, I'm so sad at how fast the time is going.


This morning we got up at 5:30 am to get ready for church. And when I say "we", I mean me. I got up at 5:30, everyone else got up at about 6:20. And we were still rushing out the door to make it to 8:00 mass. But Branson looked so cute. He wore big boy pants with a button down shirt and a polo underneath. Any mother out there will tell you that most of the time if it looks cute on the hanger, and it doesn't snap at the crotch, it's going to be your worst enemy. But, at least he looked cute for 5 minutes. After church we had brunch at Momo's. The easter bunny left Branson a HUGE basket filled with a few toys and an abundance of candy. I think he forgot Branson doesn't eat solids yet. The rest of the day was filled as well, we went to Mike and Barbara's for lunch and an egg hunt with Dylan and Jaslyn, then home to meet with Grandpa B and Marlaina. Let me tell you Branson made out like a bandit. Fun toys, cute clothes, and candy for mommy and daddy. We LOVE holidays :)


Now I'm sitting here waiting for Delivery Diner to bring me my dinner, then Ryan and I will enjoy the rest of the movie we started last night, and hope and pray that baby falls asleep around 9, after me. I really feel like I might go to sleep now. Hoping and praying...

No comments:

Post a Comment