Friday, May 28, 2010

What bikini body?

Know what? I used to be funny. And witty. And skinny. And outgoing and social. And skinny. What they heck happened between the ages 21 and 26 1/2? I'll tell you what. Marriage (sorry babe), kids, food, good food, even better food and laziness. Ugh. So now I'm determined to get back to that 21 year old body. Hey, I see women in their 40's who have 19 kids and have a 6 pack, and they sport their bikini all proud. Me? I wouldn't be caught dead in a bikini right now. Sure I lost all the baby weight, but, everything has SHIFTED. DOWN. So next week I have to go buy a 1 piece bathing suit for our summer vacation. Yup. For me, this is a first. I'm pretty sure I came out of the womb wearing bikini's. I even wore one when I was pregnant! Psh, those days are long gone. I'm reading this really great book called "Naturally Thin." It's fabulous. It's about not dieting, but having control over yourself. And the one thing I have learned from this book is, I have no control over myself. But I'm ready to make it work. This week I've followed "the rules" of the book, and so far so good. Sometimes I make good investments, sometimes I don't. But I pick back up next meal and move forward. I must say, I think my pants might feel a little looser today...

No comments:

Post a Comment