Friday, May 7, 2010

Bare Essentials


After having our house all crazy last week from the power outage, this week has been even crazier. We are remodeling our kitchen. I mean, COMPLETELY. For those of you that didn't see it before, it was like you stepped into the mid 80's. Pink wood, green tile, beige (I think) appliances. Our house was built in 1994. There is no good excuse for this. Monday they gutted the thing. Right down to the bare framework. Our fridge is in our den, our microwave too. We feed/wash/cook at the bar in the den as well. NOT FUN. The worst part? That's a toss up between the horrid smell of the the wood stain, and the 14 inches of dust that cover everything in my house. The brown dog bed is now white. No kidding. Branson and I have been confined to the master, the office, and sleeping in Keenans room. It will probably take me 2 weeks to get everything back in order. This has been stressing me out like crazy. My masseuse even made a comment about how my knots are more stubborn than usual. But today, the granite guy came and saved the day. I was finally able to see our beautiful granite up against our beautiful wood. I tell ya, it's going to transform the whole house. I'll post some before and after pics as soon as it is done.


But call us crazy... we are doing our bedroom next. We are tearing out this gorgeous 1983 shag carpet and putting in hardwood. Welcome Peel Family, to the new Millennium! Oh and then? Then we are doing the guest bathroom!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Ahhhhh! My hair is turning grey, I can feel it.

No comments:

Post a Comment