Thursday, February 10, 2011

UP!


Well, Ryan made it home safe. He and Branson have had a hard time separating since, it's pretty cute. I couldn't imagine having to leave our little angel for more than a day. Or 2. Ok MAYBE 3 but that's pushing it.




Now that I officially have a toddler, I also officially have no time. Like getting house work done? Forget it. If I vacuum, I end up sucking up little toes or fingers trying to help. If I do dishes, He climbs in the dishwasher. Same with laundry. Scrubbing toilets...do I really need to paint the picture for you? Branson is so active. He always has been, but since he was a late walker this is pretty new to me. Ryan was always trying to rush him walking, but I wasn't. I think I was semi aware of what was to come. While it is wonderful and amazing and cute and all sorts great, it's also so. darn. tiring. I spend my day putting him "up" in his big boy chair at the table, only for him to climb right down and demand to be put back up again. Or I have to watch him right by his side because climbing on the couch is great fun! buuuuuut falling off head first into our slate floors is not. The other part of my time is spent climbing over the dog gate to retrieve toys (or food, shoes, clothes, remotes, phones etc) that Branson so lovingly shares with our furry friends. And, as you can see from the picture below, the piano is a great display for his toys! Except somehow he can get them up there, but can't get them down. So mommy does. Ah. I'm kinda tired just thinking about it! Of course there are the fun times too. Like playing outside. Watching him walk around our entire property is pretty awesome. Until we have to come in because his little fingers are blue and on the verge of frost bite. Then there might be a meltdown.




Today also marked our first pediatric dentist appointment. Two words: NOT. FUN. he screamed the whole time. I wasn't going to even make an appointment until he was 18 months, but the poor guy chipped his tooth. Sad! His gorgeous, straight, white, amazing teeth! Very, very sad day for mommy. "But it is just a baby tooth." And "it gives him character." And "you can barely tell. Kinda." None of which make me feel better. Anyhow. He checked out fine at the dentist, a little florid for Branson and xanax for mom. Kidding!




No comments:

Post a Comment