Monday, March 1, 2010

Evil Cold


Branson sleeping peacefully, before the cough hit.
Today I learned the full appreciation I have for my parents. I now firmly believe that you cannot truely know just how much your parents loved you until you have children of your own. So, Mom and Dad, thank you, and, I'm sorry. My heart broke today. Everytime Branson coughed I wanted to take that cough out of his mouth before he even opened it. I cringed waiting for him to show me how much it hurt on his sweet little, red rimmed eyed face. It makes me want to have words with the person that gave this terrible cold to him. Then, I wanted to have words with myself for keeping him out most of the day yesterday, and not making sure he got a nap in. I guess that's part of mommyhood, but I don't like it. I never want him to hurt. I want to take it all from him 1000 times over. I felt guilty complaining of not getting any sleep last night, knowing that I got no sleep because he got no sleep, and he deserves a good nights sleep. Instead this dreaded cough woke him up numerous times. And the best I could do was cuddle him close and hope my smell and touch would soothe him just a little.


On a different note. Today is laundry day. Well, every day is laundry day but today is the day I wash mine and Ryan's clothes. And every week, I get a little more bitter. The Iron levels in our water were 600 times the normal level just a few weeks ago, and what color is Iron? Red. So what color was our water? Red. So what color does that make my whites? Brown. Ugh.

No comments:

Post a Comment