Thursday, March 4, 2010

Well Branson is still sick. Yesterday was the worst. He developed a little wheeze to go with his cough, red eyes, stuffy nose and sneezing. He is CONSTANTLY fussy, very unlike him. He is normally the happiest, most content baby. Right now though if he isn't being held or touched he is fussing. It really breaks my heart. He slept pretty good last night, waking up a few times to nurse, but I think that might be more of a comfort thing than hunger at this point. My mom has been quite a big help, coming over to entertain Branson while I get a few mundane things done. And after she left this afternoon, he was actually content enough to sit in his chair and babble at the TV for a half hour so I could put groceries away and eat lunch. Right this moment, he is sitting in his boppy right next to me fighting sleep. So cute, and a little discouraging at the same time. He wants his binky so bad, but every time I put it in his mouth he pulls it right back out. Then fusses until I put it back in. I'm thinking though, that the sandman is about to make an appearance. At which point, I may let him visit me as well. - Scratch that. Grumpah just called and is on his way. Haven't seen him in a few days, so I'll take a visit from him over a nap anyhow :)


With Ryan gone, it's usually my time to really get down and dirty and deep clean the house. It was my intent to mop and steam clean all the floors, vaccum all the carpets, dust all the rooms, scrub all the bathtubs, and do a deep clean of the kitchen. What did I end up getting done? None of that. The only thing I got done was paying our bills for this month, and that took me starting monday and finishing today. My priorities were very different with a sick baby. I washed and cleaned all his bedding, blankets and clothes. Something my mom did for me when I was sick, and her mom did for her. There is nothing like getting out of a bath and putting on warm PJ's and getting into a warm clean bed. I hope it was a little comfort for Branson. On the upside, they wouldn't give him his 4 month shots so we rescheduled for next week, and Ryan will be able to make it. I can't wait for him to get home. He is really missed when he is gone. I'm sure he misses being home too.


In random news: I've decided to give in after a few years and I'm going to get an iphone. Something I said I would never do. But, I'm going to. I'm a little ashamed to admit it, since I've been such and advocate against them. But, with all the apps, I feel like I'm missing out. I'm most looking forward the one that lets you look up a babies symptoms, and it tells you what you should do for them (of course, right?).


I'm also looking forward to our trip to Vegas later this month. it will be our first time traveling with little Branson, and I'm a little nervous and a lot excited. I can't WAIT to see Chrissy and Kari, and Keenan is going with us too. It will be an nice change of scenery for me, since I haven't been anywhere in a year. A year exactly, actually.

No comments:

Post a Comment